Strategies & Techniques
Pricing professionals have long debated the importance of understanding value versus cost. This seminar will show you why BOTH are important and why choosing only a single pricing tool will leave a company exposed to frequent pricing mistakes.
Companies typically make their pricing mistakes on four types of products. This seminar will acquaint participants with a variety of pricing skills that will help make your company the “smart” competitor in any pricing situation.
Excellent! The speaker was very knowledgeable.
-Rocky Hill, CT
- Know why strategy development comes first
- Understand why choosing a single pricing technique can mean disaster
- Understanding your customer value proposition
- Understand why companies mess up pricing products that are not “average”
- Create a competitive advantage through superior product cost knowledge
- Avoid being the “dumb” competitor
- Understand pricing ethics and law
- Develop effective quoting models
- Know why the company with the best cost information wins
Cases and Group Discussion
This seminar includes cases for group discussion.
- Target Audience: We designed this seminar so that finance, marketing and engineering managers may attend together, intellectually challenging each group without getting them lost. Suggest financial managers also attend Know Your Cost.
- Level of Knowledge: Intermediate
- CPE Credit: 8 hours group live
- Area of Study:
1 hr – Ethics
2 hrs – Accounting
5 hrs – Management
- Prerequisite: None
- Advanced Preparation: Bring a calculator
- Author: John L. Daly
- Acronym: PFP
Scheduling: Schedule before Know Your Cost to make a 2-day series