Closing Best Practices
Surveys show that the average North American company completes their monthly financial statement closing in five days. However, some companies are able to close their books in one day or less. Many financial managers who feel pressured to shorten financial statement preparation time struggle with the balance between accuracy and speed.
This seminar will focus on the key aspects of every close and provide attendees with methods to prepare better quality financial information more cheaply and in less time.
Wow. Best class I’ve taken all year.
– Indianapolis, IN
- Trends in financial statement closings including the Quick Close, Soft Close and Virtual Close
- Review and discuss information systems’ headaches that slow you down
- Work through examples of close cycle “time killers” and how to resolve them
- Get inventory and cost of sales under control
- Identify the improvement projects that will yield the biggest benefit
- Review what leading edge finance managers are doing to close more quickly
Cases and Group Discussion
This seminar will use hands-on exercises and provide opportunities for group discussion of the issues relating to performing a quick financial statement closing.
Target Audience: Corporate Financial Managers
Level of Knowledge: Intermediate
CPE Credit: 4 hours group live
Area of Study: Accounting
Advanced Preparation: None
Authors: John L. Daly
Scheduling: Schedule this half-day seminar with one of our other half-day seminars such as Cases in Corporate Ethics to provide a full day program.