Full Day Seminar
Advanced Management Accounting
Contemporary Cost Concepts
Poor quality cost information creates poor quality management decisions. A survey by Ernst & Young and the IMA reveals 98% of senior level financial executives think their company’s costs are distorted and 39% say the distortions are significant. Traditional costing methods are woefully inaccurate for any product that is not “average”.
This seminar shows how to understand real product costs and why the company with the best management accountant wins.
One of the best seminars I've ever been to — excellent!
— Raleigh, NC
Topics Discussed Include:
- Why traditional approaches are inadequate
- Make Activity Based Costing spreadsheet easy
- Accurately understand activity costs
- Recognize joint & by-products
- Add throughput costing to your toolbox
Accurately Assign Overhead Cost
- Product development and launch costs
- Occupancy costs
- Information technology costs
- Administrative costs
- Selling costs
- Excess capacity costs
- Interest and the cost of capital
Discussion and examples will include service, manufacturing, retail and wholesale businesses.
Cases and Class Discussion
This seminar includes six exercises to facilitate group discussion.
Click links below to view YouTube videos:
- Part 1: Activity-Based Costing Introduction
- Part 2: What is Activity-Based Costing?
- Part 3: #1 Benefit of Activity-Based Costing
- Part 4: Getting Started with Activity-Based Costing
- Part 5: Team 1 Plastics' Experience with Activity-Based Costing
Target Audience: Cost Accountants, Controllers & CFOs
Level of Knowledge: Advanced
CPE Credit: 8 hours group live
Area of Study: Accounting
Prerequisite: This seminar is for degreed accountants who already have some cost accounting education and experience.
Advanced Preparation: Bring a calculator
Author: John L. Daly
Scheduling: Schedule after Pricing for Profitability to make a 2-day series.